1. 2 tabs of olive oil
2. pinch of mustard seeds
3. pinch of cumin seeds
4. 1 medium onion-finely chopped
5. 1 pound baby okra-tender -cut in thick circles or can be cut- lengthwise each okra in 4 slices
6. Juice of 1/2 a lemon
7. 1 tsp turmeric
8. 1 tsp cumin powder
9. 1 tsp chili powder
10. 1 medium tomato – chopped fine
11l 1 tabs coconut milk
Ingredients for Garnishing:
1. Fresh lemon
2. Finely chopped tomato
3. chopped cilantro
* Heat oil.
* Add cumin seeds. let them pop.
* Add onion. Cook for couple minute till becomes soft and turns yellow.
* Add cut up okra saute for a few minute.
* Add lemon juice this will prevent them from sticking. Continue to saute.
* Add all dry spices-continue to saute on slow fire.
* Once okra is tender add salt, Chopped tomatoes continue cooking.
* When stirring do it gently making sure that you are gently coating and cooking okra.
* Add coconut-milk. This will add taste and much needed liquid to this dish.
* Continue cooking . Once okra changes color taste to make sure okra is nice and soft.
* Add a pinch of sugar and remove from the heat.
Garnish with chopped tomatoes, lemon, and maybe some cilantro.